A couple of questions

A couple of questions

Postby SASBush » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi, I have a 1999 2l Stepwagon, anyone tell me where the fuse panel is located? Also I have three switches with fog light switch in the centre of the cluster (Fog lights don't work, but that's a separate issue) The switch to the right has a green indicator and several Japanese characters - anyone know what it is? To the left is what looks to be an aftermarket switch with red indicator I'm guessing for aftermarket rear fog light also not working. No idea how it got through MOT with no fog lights and one dipped headlight not working! Any thoughts gratefully received. Cheers, Steve.
SASBush

Re: A couple of questions

Postby Scrap » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:04 am

Hi Steve

Mine's a 2001 RF3 ('K') so apologies if my answers are not applicable to yours.

Mine doesn't have front fogs. The rear fog has an aftermarket switch on the dash which only works with the headlights on.

Mine has two fuse boxes. One is next to the drivers right knee/shin, behind what the manual calls a "coin box" which you remove to access the fuses. The other is in the engine bay next to the (one & only) washer reservoir.

Don't know what your other switch with the Japanese characters could be for. The only other switches I have next to the rear fog switch are the wing mirror adjustment and the "A pole"

Best wishes

Brian
Scrap

Postby SASBush » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Cheers Brian, sounds like a lot of things have moved around between models! The Fog Light switches are below stereo slightly to passenger side, and mine has front fogs in the bumper - though they aren't working. Not sure if that's a fuse issue, when I press the switch I hear a relay, but no indicator light comes on, and the lights don't work - no idea why I'd hear a relay for fog lights either....
SASBush

Postby PARR » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:08 pm

I have the 'pole' switch on the n/s of the triple panel, a blank in the centre (?where your fog switch is) and one with lots of Japanese characters on the o/s of the panel - this is a 'push to make, push to break' switch.
I understand it opens up the heating vents in the floor under the front seats to increase heat distribution to the centre seats.
PARR

Return to Electrics / wiring / lights etc