Snow fun anyone?

The place for general chat - anything goes but please remember, this is a family friendly community forum!

Snow fun anyone?

Postby Vantastic » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi everyone in the UK ... how are you coping with the snow ... brrrrr ?

Stepwagons of course have auto boxes so just wondering if you have any tips for driving on snow / ice?
I took ours out the other day and tested it in the snow - no figure of 8's or doughnuts though! :lol:
A gentle pressure on the accelerator seemed to do the trick to avoid any sideway slides!

Lewis
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Re: Snow fun anyone?

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:25 pm

I've had a couple of stalls when first pulling away in the very cold. I wasn't expecting an auto to be capable of this. It's a bit of a shock when it happens, especially as your instinct is to put your foot on the clutch and turn the key!
Rob

Postby hardyfamily » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:55 pm

our garage put a new set of winter tyres (aggressive V shaped groves) on ours and they have performed extremely well, loads of grip.
hardyfamily

Postby PAR » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Absolutely right - gently does it with no sudden or violent changes in throttle, braking or steering.
I too had snow tyres fitted to my 'new' RF2 - I'm trying to get a matching alloy for the spare - it will fit in the carrier and I hate the 'skinny spare' concept.
PAR

Postby anto1231 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:10 pm

thinking same myself im dreading sliding and hitting them kerbs and all that salt killing it underneath :evil: ill not be using mine i dont think :cry:
anto1231

Postby PARR » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi, all,
I've just returned from my third winter in North Italy - snow variable, but absolutely no problems on Pirelli Snowcontrol 195/65/15 tyres. (that's the largest in that range). Other tyres I've used on the 2003 CR-V were Pirelli Scorpion - also excellent.
I carry chains, but I've never used them.
PARR

Return to Chat room