stepwagon club on facebook?

The place for general chat - anything goes but please remember, this is a family friendly community forum!

Re: stepwagon club on facebook?

Postby Vantastic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Scrap wrote:Wow! A posting to read.I still check this site everyday as I also find Facebook too disorganised to find anything important.

Facebook has 2 functions that most people do not seem to use:

The search box for anything posted whether visible on the page or not.

The FILES function where it is possible to store useful data and comments, links and advice... try it out by clicking there.

See image below for details:

Facebook Stepwagon Page Functions.jpg
Facebook Functions
Facebook Stepwagon Page Functions.jpg (38.37 KiB) Viewed 23088 times

PS - making this image the right size in pixels and MBytes is a pain in the proverbial bum as much as using Facebook!
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby PARR » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 pm

It's a real shame that members have forsaken the original Club fora - as have posted before, Facebook to me is anathema - I only looked at the site once, and decided it was not for me. I don't use any 'social' media at all.
The Club pages are fantastic for getting information in a straightforward way rather than having to sort the wheat from the chaff.
PARR

Postby PARR » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Just thought I would see some of the more recent posts on Facebook, as I did last time I posted here - now have to 'log-in' to Facebook - no thanks.
Looks like the Stepwgn Club is virtually dead. Pity - excellent forum for owners, and good ORGANISED information.
Use the Club forums or Simon may well feel that it is now surplus to requirements.
PARR

Postby PARR » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:59 pm

See my last two posts.
In view of the recent disclosures of Facebook's passing on or having stolen the details of 5 million members, I see that I was right not to sign up.
Facebook still insists on having ALL your personal information (I must admit, they do not ask for your inside leg measurement - it may come!) and even tell you that they will give it away to all and sundry (especially sundry).
Facebook, from the point of view of members of the Stepwgn Club, has destroyed the raison d'etre for the club's existence.
Before Facebook insisted on disclosure of everything I looked at it - the general standard of posts was far below that which the Club had on site.
I suggest that those who post on Facebook at least put copies on the Club site. (Cut-and-paste comes to mind).
I know Simon runs several owner-specific sites, but I would like to resurrect this one. The potential is very great.
PARR

Postby Vantastic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:08 pm

I am still here but FB seems to help find a lot of parts information for me.

However, FB is a mess when trying to find old data - the forum wins hands down for that!

Still enjoying our Steppy but she needs a little TLC after a few bumps (wife and me :( )
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby PARR » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:13 pm

What a fast response - great.
Parts - ian@bongofury.co.uk - excellent service from him - he does not seem to add overheads, and if he can include your order with another, postage costs are minimal, if any.
jp-carparts.com are excellent, but not cheap. Stuff arrives in about 4-5 working days (DHL)
PARR

Postby Scrap » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 am

Hi David / Lewis

I check both groups most days, but I think you're flogging a dead horse in wanting the facebook members to switch to here. Facebook may be inefficient and less secure but it's fashionable.

I still have my RF3. April is MOT & service month for both the stepwgn & caravan. Need 4 new tyres for the stepwgn & 2 for the caravan before then. Fingers crossed there's nothing else needs doing.

Any advice on tyres? I'm planning on Dunlop Sport BluResponse as they seem to offer the best fuel efficiency / wet grip / noise.

Best wishes

Brian
Scrap

Previous

Return to Chat room