Cornwall sightings

The place for general chat - anything goes but please remember, this is a family friendly community forum!

Cornwall sightings

Postby PARR » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Saw green Steppy in St Austell today - is this a member? I couldn't catch the model - didn't look like a conversion - was coming out of the B&Q/Halfords area.
PARR

Re: Cornwall sightings

Postby PARR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Another one - silver-grey this time - 'P' registered RF2 in Halford's/B&Q car park, St. Austell. Lady driver.
PARR

Postby PARR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Yet another - in Homebase St. Austell.

RF3 Wellhouse conversion - very smart in white. Owner encouraged to join - lives in Falmouth.
PARR

Postby PARR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:19 pm

And another - few days ago an RF2 - ?1997 at the St. Austell 'tip'.
PARR

Postby Scrap » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:43 am

I'll be down Bodmin way in a couple of weeks. If I get to St Austell I'll watch out for you.

Brian
Scrap

Postby PARR » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi Brian,
White 1998 RF2, A2RTA.
PARR

Postby Vantastic » Sat May 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Cornwall is coming out in a rash of Steppys! :lol:
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby PARR » Thu May 22, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm afraid there is now one less - mine became the target for a chap with tunnel vision - shot out of a side road straight in front of me - stove in (very well) the off-side front corner. This was compounded by the fact that it pushed the front sideways into a tree, so the near-side front corner was mashed as well. Fortunately a low-speed collision. The air-bags did not deploy as it was not head-on.
Insurance write-off.
Hopefully moving up to a 2002 RF4 - negotiating at present.
Thank goodness for the club site - so much information to assist in customisation and TLC.
PARR

Postby Vantastic » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:05 am

Ouch .. sorry to hear your Steppy was subject to a nutter driver! :twisted:

Have you now got a new RF3 then? How did the insurance settlement go and which insurance company were you with?
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby PARR » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi, Vantastic - thanks for sympathy - yes, ouch!
Found a 2002 RF4 at County Cars of Strood - very helpful place. This vehicle cost them a bit - the sat-nav complex went down and had to be replaced - they got a new one from Japan in just over a week.
Lifesure spot-on - one phone call and they set up Quindell as handling agent, with Soter (? part of Lifesure group) to handle the uninsured losses - full tank of petrol and transfer of cherished number.
Quindell arranged hire vehicle and examination of the old Steppy, and then after arguments about mileage (Speedo showed kilometres but speed in MPH - confused their computer) the scrappage.
Before the offer of payment, as I was told it was an insurance writ-off (£8000+ to repair) I took various items - winter tyres (a local tyre dealer gave me 4 gash ones to put on the Steppy) and the radio (I could not fit it in the RF4 - the sat-nav is integrated electronically with the radio, the reversing camera and the air-conditioning!) and began the cherished number transfer (now complete).
Lifesure were great, (policy with Highway) and no apparent problem with insuring this RF4 as a replacement vehicle - just about £32 which included the £20 admin. charge. All dealt with as a no claim/no fault occurrence - third party total responsibility - he even admitted it to the police!
Lifesure tell me that there will be no increase in premium because of the accident, but there will be a slight increase for the newer vehicle.
Am now spending time altering it - the spare wheel cage will not take a full size wheel (unlike the old steppy) so I am dropping the fixings, and also fitting new LED reversing lights because the original reversing lights now have red bulbs - soon to be LEDs as extra-bright rear fog-lights.
PARR

Next

Return to Chat room